Disabled Infants, Toddlers, Children, Teenagers and Young Adults

Are you a parent or caregiver of a child with:

  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Autism
  • Congenital Birth Defect
  • Developmental Disorder
  • Down Syndrome
  • Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA)
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Obesity
  • Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
  • Special Needs
  • Type I Diabetes

If so, you know the added pressure of having to deal with the costs, lifestyle changes, and education of your child. Both mothers and fathers of disabled children are entitled to tax credits and benefits. The amount you are entitled to depends on the province you live in, your net income and how much taxes you have paid. If any other family members have supported your child, they may be eligible for tax credits as well.

HandyTax has helped countless parents of qualifying infants, toddlers, children, teenagers and young adults get the maximum tax refund back from the Canada Revenue Agency.

While the rough maximum amount an adult can get is around $15,000 for a full 10-year claim, the rough maximum a person under 18 years old is actually double that of an adult, at $30,000. Note, that not all cases will have the prerequisite tax payable for the years in questions to receive that amount, nevertheless we will try to get the maximum possible given your particular set of circumstances.

Fill out the form on the right to get started.